My Final Year Thoughts

I'm finding it really hard to believe that my time at university is so close to finishing now I'm basically at the final hurdle. It's going to be one looooong jump (no pun intended) until I can say I'm a graduate and if anyone knows of a way to speed it along, hmu in the comment section.

I know it's going to be difficult and I know a lot of people have said oh it's the year that determines your future (yeah thanks like I NEED that added pressure) but how do I truly feel about becoming a final year student? Well, a few of you asked me some questions in response to my Instagram story for this blog post and now you can -  as well as myself - understand my thoughts on entering this milestone of my studies!


1. Is it weird knowing that this is your final year at university?

Ohhhhh it's so so so weird!!! To think this time next year I will have fully graduated, moved back home or in a new place with my boyfriend, in a job (hopefully full-time) and that's it: I will be an adult. I honestly have no idea what I will be like without studying because that's all I've known since primary school! I've never taken a break from studying (except summer holidays...but only a few) and yeah sure I've had a few jobs along the road but nothing where it's all day, everyday! Adjusting to this new part of life is really going to be weird. 

2. Have you started your dissertation yet?

I have actually yeah! Is it any good though? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no. It is not good. At all. Just....nope. If my tutors at uni just so happen to read this post, I can only apologise for my lack of confidence, logic and the whole dissertation making sense really. I'm Sorry.

See? DEFINITELY not ready for 3rd year.

3. What are you going to miss most when you go back to uni?

Being at home. Seeing family everyday and being within walking distance of my friend's house to just go Hey! Wanna meet up in 10? The ease of getting around home, knowing exactly where everything is when I need it. The football, seeing Wolves playing the big boys of the Premier League at home. My cat, having her on my bed when I wake up in the morning with her fluffy head sleeping on my head (it's too adorable). Oh yeah and one of the big things I'll miss? NOT HAVING THE STRESS OF DOING UNI WORK EVERYDAY! I mean I was still stressing about that at home but at least it wasn't as bad as what it will be in a few days.


4. What are you most excited about?

To be honest, I am excited to see what work I produce over the next year because final year really allows you to focus on yourself. It allows you to focus on what you possibly what to continue with after graduation. It allows you to develop yourself as a future employee to someone what with the business cards we create, the degree show we host at the end of the academic year and the professional portfolios we create for interviews and what have you. I know I've said it's going to be hard work and very stressful, but if I finish university feeling accomplished and pleased with myself, then I know I have done something right and I KNOW the blood, sweat and tears will have been worth it.

5. What are you worried about the most?

The fact that if I don't do something right or nothing works how I want it to work, then I will most likely have a breakdown. Being a perfectionist and a stressful student are the two traits that will never ever work together and I have them woo(!) I'm also worried about the work I produce because we do not find out our marks for each module until the end of the year, so that will constantly be on my mind. Again, woo(!) I'll be frequently questioning if my work is good enough, whether my tutors will like it and whether others will when the public view it at the End-of-Year Degree Show. Honestly there are sooo many things I am worried about but that's not the purpose of the blog post is it?

Oh yeah and I'm also worried about money but that's second nature with me so nothing new there...!

6. What is the goal for after you've finished uni? Where do you want to be 1 year today?

Okay I know this will sound so typical and all that, but I just want to be happy 1 year from today! After 4 years of university study and breakdowns I think I deserve it!! I want to be working in an area I loved at uni, which is tailoring, and feel satisfied that I made the right choice. I mean being in a job after graduating will be fantastic anyways because this day and age is our generation's arch nemesis and it's not easy landing on your feet from the word GO, but to be working in something I loved studying is the ultimate goal. Another goal as well may I add is for this blog to have gone places! It will be challenging balancing the workload with blogging but I enjoy writing on here! I know it can be done because I follow others who have successfully balanced both so it can be done, and therefore, I have no excuse!

So there you go! That's how I feel about the final year of university I am about to embark upon and I can probably assume many of you, if you are also in the same position as me, can relate to this. As I said earlier, I know it will be a nightmare and I've signed myself up for it, but I wouldn't have done if I knew it wasn't going to be worth it: and so far, it has been.


If you're entering final year of university, how are you feeling yourself? Are you feeling the same as me or are you completely 100% ready to take it on? Let me know in the comments section below!

Much Love
V A x


Photographer: Megan Rhodes
Find her here! >> http://megzbox.tumblr.com/ 
                               https://www.instagram.com/megzbox/ 


Comments