My Uni Room Set-up

This is a first for me writing an interior post, but I've seen soo many other bloggers writing this and I thought why not? It may have either too many photos or not enough and my room may not look as exciting or anything like that in comparison to other uni rooms you've seen but it's my home away from home and I love it! So without further ado:

WELCOME TO...

Photographer: April Johnson

The Overview


It's probably best to start off with an overview of the size of the room. Now I chose this room last year because of the space it has, and as an art university student, you want to be happy with the space you can work in. As you first walk through the door, you are greeted by the large window and there is a large full-length mirror situated behind the door to the right. To the left is where my wardrobe and chest of draws are. Surprisingly my wardrobe and draws are not as full as what they could have been because I left half my wardrobe at home (you have to prioritise). As you continue looking further round to the left, I have my desk. I love the size of the desk because, as you can see below, I can fit my printer, all my library books, radio, lamp and jewellery stand on there: and there is still enough room for myself to work at the desk. There's also my little drawer unit underneath for extra storage, my fabric box and my suitcase all fitting underneath the desk to leave a perfect space for the chair to tuck into. Study area sorted.


Photographer: April Johnson

As you head further into the room and look to the right of the window, there you will see the double bed. I cannot tell you how excited I was to have a double bed in my room again because oh.my.god waking up on those winter mornings when I'm needing to go to uni are going to be much more bearable when I'm waking up feeling toasty under the double duvet. I mean I'm still going to not want to move anyways but I'm just grateful for it. Next to the bed is my bedside unit which on top, is finished with another lamp, the daily essentials and a few personal items which make me feel more cosy when I'm lying in bed: the happy reminders x


Photographer: April Johnson

My view when I either wake up in the morning or just chilling in bed at night is the pin board of memories and important dates. Some of the things on the board include my personalised calendar from George and quite a few football tickets of matches I've been to since studying in Hartlepool. Pin boards are literally one of THE student essentials because they remind us of the important things we miss from back home, as well as new memories made during our university lives. If you didn't notice the OTHER student essential around the board: fairy lights. I didn't have them at my previous accommodation so I felt this year I had to get them: now I question why I did not get tempted ONCE to buy them last year (what was I thinking?) It's amazing how simply having just the fairy lights on in the room makes me feel much more relaxed when I need to zone out from the stress. Fairy lights on, music on and the relaxation begins. 



Photographer: April Johnson

The Details

If you noticed at the very beginning of this post, I have a light box. That's also a new addition to last year because I think they're cool and pretty, but I've been putting motivational sayings on there recently to remind myself that I can do well in my final year because I need to and I want to. ATM I have it saying You Got This. Cheesy or cringey, it's motivation I need! The smaller, decorative features of the room is what reminds me I've made it my home away from home: little figurines, photos, cuddlies and other items make me feel more relaxed and last year when I experienced a bit of homesickness, they also helped me through that. It's incredible how they work like that but it's something to be grateful for. 




Photographer: April Johnson

Photographer: April Johnson

And that ladies and gentlemen is my room tour at university. This was a completely different topic for me to write about but honestly, I've loved writing this! As I'm sat chilling on my bed with my homely reminders surrounding me, fairy lights on and music playing, I know for a fact that I will be very happy here. I could not have chosen a better place to live out my last year of university.

Much Love
V A x




Photographer: April Johnson
Find her here! >> https://www.instagram.com/johnsonphotograph/

                               https://www.facebook.com/Johnson-Photography-1694301750785713/

Comments