Semester 1: The Results

Good morning you lovely people. Hope all is well! Are you glad to see the back of January? I am, as you would understand if you read my previous post (click here to read) but I don't think I could have asked for it to end on a better note as it did.


January is horrible for students because we find out grades from the first semester and have exams and have deadlines. Exactly a week ago, I found out my 3 grades from 3 modules. And yes, I was bricking it...to put it in friendly terms. It's that moment where you want to know your grades so you can stop waiting, as well as the moment where you will either by very very happy or want the ground to eat you whole right at that moment. I am not going to lie, I wasn't exactly dreading it because I knew I was much more organised compared to the first year. I slightly anticipated I wouldn't fail to say the least, but I knew there were things I could have done which could always make the difference between a fail and pass, pass and merit, merit and distinction. I walked into the classroom, shaking with nerves and anticipation and....

To summarise, I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PLEASED!!!


Distinction. Distinction. Distinction.

The grades which made me squeal in happiness and jump up and down in joy and smile so much! The hard work paid off and it has provided me with a great amount of motivation as I pursue in the last part of my final year of my foundation degree. Maybe my first year was a practice year. Not that it should be, mind you.

Aaaaanywaaaay, the grades have given me such confidence for my second university interview I have got in two weeks today. If a few of you follow me on my Instagram, I had my first one a couple of weeks ago for progressing further into the costume world. Now I was quite massively nervous about that. I think that could have been down to the fact it was my first professional portfolio I had created and it would represent me as a potential costume student and myself as a creative individual.



It went better than I expected because I was given an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER EEK!!!! Again, I was not expecting that in the slightest!! I had the email come through just as me and my boyfriend were en route to Liverpool for the night so that really did start the ball rolling on what turned out to be (and was already) a wonderful few days.

*By the way, Liverpool is a must-have-to-visit destination. The Beatles Story was groovy asf, the TATE gallery was serene and the shopping was as it should be: A - MA - ZING. We also watched our beloved football team knock out Liverpool in the 4th round of the FA Cup and see us progress in the 5th round for the first time in 10 years 😉 * 

Nothing like a little romantic getaway 💕




I'm not lying when I say the Beatles Story is groovy. Definitely worth the visit!

So yeah, this was a short - and terrible -  little update on my university studies so far. I post a lot about it on social media so why not blog about it? It's going to be hectic over the next few weeks, what with other university interviews and beginning to make my costume collection and helping to organise the end-of-year catwalk and exhibition - which I will blog about so watch this space - but I will aim to keep FAV updated as much as possible with decent content for you lovely lot to read.

To be honest, I don't think I have realised exactly how much I am expecting myself to create in my costume collection. I'm not panicking on the outside; however, the inside is panicky/code red/help/SOS situation. It will be fine.....!

On display at the TATE Gallery, Liverpool

I would love to hear how you have been getting on in your studies! Did you get what you wanted? Are you enjoying your studies? Are you finding it a bit stressful? If so, I am more than happy to write a blog post about how I am currently coping with university stress or anything that could help. Additionally, I would love to hear what content you would like me to write about so leave me some suggestions in the comments below OR let me know either on my Twitter or Instagram or even email me and I will respond!

Much love!
Have a great week everyone! V A x




Comments