My First Proper Bloggershoot: The Experience

I always admire bloggers who get up so early in the mornings, be ready for 6am with their photographer to capture the perfect shots within a city before it wakes up. If I had that drive and a consistent good night's sleep, I would as well; but any opportunity to have a bloggershoot is worth it and is just as exciting whatever time it is done.

A couple of weeks ago, myself and Megan headed to Birmingham after a 6am wake-up call to prep my make-up and hair (outfits sorted the night before through a natural yet professional Skype call). Shattered was not the word to describe how we both felt early on that morning but a quick trip to Starbucks and 1 chai latte later and I was ready for the day ahead.


I genuinely thought I would feel I was being judged by those around us when I was posing for the photos like I sometimes have before; yet I remembered that this is completely normal in our day and age and because the photographer was my friend of forever, it was natural: I posed. I acted normal. I treated it seriously yet pretended like I was an actual model (it sounds serious but not at the same time?) Switching between different locations and different outfits throughout the morning was so worth it because Oh. My. God. The photos turned out amazing. Megan throughout the locations knew what angles to work with, how she wanted me to stand/sit/my face to look because she knows what I want for my Instagram and my blog whilst keeping in mind her outlook for the urban, edgy city photoshoot that she could use within her portfolio.


But there's more to just standing (or sitting) in front of a camera wearing an outfit in a location that matches the vibe of the clothes you wear. I wasn't expecting to realise more than I did:
  • Professionalism: My Instagram is what turned me to the world of blogging in the first place, and so my first official bloggershoot, I wanted to get it right. 
  • Commitment: Waking up early to carry around quite a few different pair of boots and other outfits to carry to different shoot locations may not sound that much a struggle, but it can be. If it's worth it for those few epic photos, you forget all that.
  • Confidence: Every person at some point in their lives has posed like a model in the mirror when no-one is around, so I just put myself in that mindset and treated it like it would be the first and only chance I could be a model, if that. To look back at the photos and see myself as I am has boosted my confidence for future photoshoots that I never thought I could have.
  • Understanding: How much the final edits can influence not just yourself, but others around within the blogging and social media world, or just in general. Your one daily outfit can inspire others to wear almost the same. How you are captured in the photo can speak so much about who you are as a person to those who haven't met you in person before. I understood how social media sites like Instagram and blogging have become more than images and words online: like I said, they can inspire others.
I mean these thoughts of the photoshoot only really came to mind as I was writing this post buuuut everything I said above is true. Bloggershoots mean more to those involved and if you already have a good partnership with whoever is taking your photo etc, you know it's going to be a good one. More photoshoots are planned in the very, very near future. In the meantime, enjoy a few of the final edits (if you haven't seem some on my Instagram already!)

Custard Factory



Brindley Place



Victoria Square



Until the next blog post everyone...
Much Love
V A x




Photographer: Megan Rhodes
Find her here! >> http://megzbox.tumblr.com/ 
                               https://www.instagram.com/megzbox/

Comments