I turn 20 in just under a month (goodbye teenage years - you were eventful) and feel I want to make it a little more special than others because of it happening before I move away for university and all that. I have had people asking already what I want for my birthday and to be honest, I haven't really given it that much thought into what I want. Not that I do anyways because I don't, but if I WERE to have a birthday wishlist, it would probably look a little something like this:
- Makeup - If I were to go back in time and tell my 13 year old self that I would be in love with makeup, I would think I was lying. There was a time where I would not wear lipstick: now I have 12. There was a time where I wouldn't wear colourful eyeshadow: now I can't get enough of it. Basically, if you struggle to think of what to get me for my birthday, get me makeup. I would suggest to people to get me makeup that I already use (examples in my flatlay below) but my friend has said she may purchase an Anastasia eye palette and, I have to admit, the pictures I see of bloggers or people I know with this brand's eye palette's has made me want one for quite some time. But, you know, money would not be my friend after it. If I had the money to splurge out on more luxurious brands, I would do. I feel like I wouldn't need to though because I am happy with Maybelline, NYX, Rimmel London and BarryM - I am prepared to experiment though with other brands...just saying.
- Books - Now, for those who may not know me, my favoured type of book genre is well, I'll just say this: 50 Shades of Grey. Don't judge me because I do love these books. I'm not weird or kinky but I can never put these books down. I was introduced to more a teenage romance series written by the magnificent author Abbi Glines and again, I could not put the books down. I only have 8 of the Rosemary Beach series and I know for sure there are others. I want to know what happens to the other characters and their love lives and the drama that comes with them wanting happy ever after (ugh such a cringe saying) but I want to know! The very first one of the series is "Fallen Too Far" and you see this kind of forbidden love that Rush and Blaire develop for each other. It's enticing, it's exciting and it's one you HAVE to read if you like these type of stories. Believe me when I say that when you start reading them, you will struggle to put the book down. When you have finished this book, you will find yourself buying the next one....and the next one...and the next one before you suddenly realise you are hooked on Rosemary Beach. The books are a fairly reasonable price so I know there is nothing stopping me from buying them now, but at the moment, with money being spent on bills and university items, I see buying books as a treat. If anyone wishes to buy me the next one in the series though, I shall not complain x
- Clothes - There are only a small group of people who know my style of fashion and what suits me best. I can see me writing a list of what clothes I want so that I'm not disappointed with something that I have to put on that pretend "OMG I AM SO SURPRISED" face when really I can't stand the sight of it. I wouldn't mind a pair of wide leg trousers, particularly these from New Look: I tried them on and I loved them, but I didn't buy them because it was either those of the flower bardot dress - I bought the dress. I would also love another wide brim floppy hat as they suit me so well. I feel like I've come from the 60's/70's when I'm wearing them and I really really like that factor. Shoes are always welcome (long as they are not open-toe shoes: they do not suit me) especially boots: I have an obsession with boots. I probably already have enough, but I know I don't. To be fair, most people I know tend not to buy me clothes because they know I like to choose something for myself and instead, buy me...
- Vouchers - I can understand why people hate having vouchers as a birthday present but I always have asked for them, either for my birthday or Christmas. I've always asked for New Look vouchers because New Look is my go-to shop for fashion; yet, I also love Topshop, River Island and Forever21. It doesn't always have to be fashion retail vouchers either because my interest in things is so broad, that I have always been guaranteed to find something with whatever voucher I have as a birthday present.
- Skincare - I would say I have only began starting taking proper care of my skin for about a year - I bought toner for the first time only 2 weeks ago - and I never thought I would be buying so much. I now cleanse, tone and moisturise my face and neck every morning and evening: if I were to have a couple of these products in my draw as a way of stocking up, I would be very happy with that. I love the charcoal nose strips from Boots in their Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range, but I never have any in stock *hint hint* Face masks I tend to not use because of having sensitive skin, so if anyone could recommend some amazing ones in the comments down below, I shall pass it on to those who are asking what they can get me for my birthday x Body butters I loooooove, particularly those of the Soap & Glory range and from The Body Shop, as well as The Body Shop's hand creams: I suffer from dry skin and so these products are literally skin savers and would highly recommend these to go on your birthday wishlist if you are thinking of having skincare pressies x
- Diffusers - This may seem a bit of a random wish for my birthday, but there is a good explanation for this: when I move into my student accommodation, I am not allowed to have scented candles or incense sticks. Of course I understand why because of fire hazards and safety in my place of living, but I love my room to have a lovely scent and aroma; hence, diffusers. My friend said she would possibly get me one for my birthday, so if I have an extra 10 or so, then that will be my student accommodation aroma sorted for the year.
These are 6 general categories of birthday presents that I would be happy to have this year; but, I have never really done a birthday wishlist before so I apologise if it is terrible. I've always been grateful for whatever I have off family and friends. I never expect a present off everyone or expect presents at all because at the end of the day, I want to spend my birthday with family and friends, have a relaxing day and cherish how I have began the entry into my 21st year on this earth.
*Hypothetically though, this would be my birthday wishlist IF I were to create one this year.*
I hope you have enjoyed reading "My Birthday Wishlist" - I can't believe I'm turning 20 next month! I would love to know if you have created a birthday wishlist post - what have you wished for? If you've written a similar post, leave it linked below in your comment and I'll will happily read it!
Until next time...
V A x